It starts with an itch. Then you notice that you have some white things clinging to your hair. You investigate further, and your suspicion is confirmed. You have head lice. You are panicking because you are thinking of how embarrassing if people would know that you have lice. Relax! There is no need to panic. There are solutions to you head lice problem. There are many lice treatments to choose from. There are home remedies for head lice, there is also lice shampoo and if that does not work then there are lice removal salons that you can visit. So take a deep breath and let us find the solution that will work for you best.
Pedi…what? Pediculosis Capitis is the scientific term for head lice infestation. It is a medical condition wherein the pediculus humanus capitis or the head louse stays on the head or scalp of the human host. This parasite feed on human blood. The symptoms of this condition are itching, and having red bumps on your scalp and neck. Live lice are seen moving around on your head. You can also see nits attached to the side of your hair. Sometimes it is hard to distinguish the nits from dandruff so you also need to check your hair.
Natural Lice Treatment
Now that you are familiar with the condition of having head lice infestation, the next thing to do is to find the treatment that would work best for you. There are different ways to get rid of lice infestation. The first thing is the natural lice treatment or home remedies. These treatments are natural, harmless but a little messy when used. The best known of these remedies are olive oil, mayonnaise and petroleum jelly. All you have to do is massage it thoroughly to your hair. Put a shower cap and let it stay overnight. In the morning, rinse it with regular shampoo. The disadvantage of this lice treatment is it can take several washings before you remove it.
Another way to treat head lice is by using head lice shampoo. There are several head lice shampoo that you can consider:
- The first one is the Dimethicone – it is a pesticide free shampoo for head lice. It is also recommended by pediatricians and is safe to use by children because it is pesticide free.
- Medicated shampoos like pyrethrin or pyrethrum are over the counter products that are from natural products and are approved to use for all ages. They kill the lice effectively but they cannot kill the eggs.
- Egg (Nit) Remover Rinses – since the medicated shampoo that you use did not remove the eggs you would need to also use this product to remove the egg or nit. You can use it as directed after you use the lice shampoo.
- Nit Removal Combs – these are usually with the shampoo, use it after shampooing. This will help to get rid of those stubborn nits that you were not able to remove.
- Some lice shampoos are categorized as pesticides. The common ingredients for this are Permethrin 1%, Malathion, and Lindane. These should be used with caution especially if it is to be used for a 2 year old child. The instruction should be strictly followed. If it is not followed it may have a harmful effect on your skin and scalp.
- RID Lice Shampoo – this shampoo is considered as the market leader in head lice treatment. Rid Lice Killing Shampoo has an effective system that would eliminate lice completely, remove the eggs and treat your home.
RID Lice Killing Shampoo
Rid Lice Shampoo is not only used for killing head lice but it is also effective in getting rid of pubic lice. RID Lice killing shampoo is very effective. It is one of the best lice shampoos that you can use to get rid of lice infestation. When you do decide to use this product, it is very important to remember that you need to follow instruction carefully. You need to check the dosage and application to make sure that it will be effective.
RID Lice Killing Shampoo does not only treat head lice infestation but it also makes sure that the infestation will not come back. RID has a 1-2-3 Lice Elimination System that completely makes sure to remove lice, kill the egg and treat your home.
Head lice are often mistaken as something to be ashamed of, but in truth this medical condition is treatable. It should not be a source of stress for anyone. There are a number of ways to treat head lice. There are home remedies that you can use. There are also chemical treatments available. Then there is lice shampoo that is readily available in stores that you can use. All of you need to do is to check out what will work best for you.