We all know that having lice is just normal for kids. But this does not connote that we do not need to do anything to get rid of them. Actually, fighting against these pests is not that difficult thing to do. All you have to possess are the basic knowledge that will be very helpful in killing all the lice hiding behind the hair of your kids. Allow me to present to you the basic facts that you must know as regards the lice treatment.
• Parents must maintain calmness. We cannot deny that more often than not, the initial reaction of the parents when they got the information that their children is infected with lice is that, they just simply panic. Having such reaction will give nothing but fear to you children. Also, this act may result to over treatment which obviously is not got for your kids’ head.
• Parents must have the information as regards the lice life cycle. In this way, parents will be able to treat their children to break the cycle. It is advised that when you start doing any lice treatment, make sure to redo it after 9 or 10 days to make sure that the best results will be achieved. Simply using lice shampoo will not give best results; therefore, you must do other lice treatment to get rid of those pests on your kids’ head.
• There are some instances wherein misdiagnosis happens. If you are not sure if your child really has lice or not, it is better if you seek for a professional way. In this way, proper treatment will be given to the child.
• You must never shave your kid’s hair. A lot of people say that shaving the head is one of the best ways of getting rid of the lice, but I am telling you, doing so will not give any good results but pure negative effects on your child, especially if she is a girl.
• Do not easily believe in alternative lice treatment. Although some of the treatments are natural, like mayonnaise, olive oil and the like, still it is not clinically proven. And there is a possibility that your children will further be infected.
• Consult a doctor. It is better if you consult your kid’s pediatrician first before buying and using any anti-louse products because there are some instances where the anti-louse products do not jive with the situation that your child is going through.
• Boost your kids’ confidence. Never allow your kid to miss school just because she/he has head lice. Explain to her/him that such things are just simple lice that will be treated easily only if he/ she will cooperate.
The knowledge of the parent is one of the biggest factors in order to get rid of the lice that the children have. Mothers must never take lice for granted because, even they are small, they can still greatly affect the children.